Monday 8 December 2008

Abortion – never ending…

Again a post reacting to one of Andrew’s readers: this time the reader objects against Andrew considering that a true believer/Christian/Catholic should stand up against torture at all costs, but not making the same point about torture. In other words, for the reader, abortion=torture.
Interesting that the debate rages so intensely in some countries, and not at all in othes. Interesting how different the perspective.
I agree actually that there is an analogy, particularly if you think about late abortions. But I would strongly disagree that partial analogy means identity.

On a related note - I completely agree that women should be rulers of their own bodies, and not someone else for them! But the question again: when does the small other inside become her/his own body as well? To me, clearly, not before s/he can move! That's all for now on this topic I hope...

No comments: